The Americans are a major civilization featured in Age of Empires III: Wars of Liberty. As some of the civilizations in the game, Americans were first released in WOTTA and served as base for the rest of Anglo civilizations.
The Americans in-game are based in the XIX century United States, a young nation under a civil war between the Unionist and Confederate, and their leader is Abraham Lincoln, who abolished the slavery with the Thirteenth Amendment.
Extra Technology. The United States has an extra technological level at every relevant research route, even the arsenal! This can grant them a great bonus late game, if they live to get there.
Great Companies. They also have Great Companies, granting them extra, powerful technologies at the market.
Unique units and buildings Edit
- Statue of Liberty: A wonder, grants a huge line-of-sight and an income of XP.
- Miner: A unique gatherer who only works on mines. Attacks with dynamite.
- General Store: Acts as a normal Market and allows the selection of a Great Company
- Entrepreneur: Transforms into a Great Company Stand for economic production and improvement research.
- Marine: A musketeer unit with a tactic that increases attack while injuring itself. Available at National Age.
- Mounted Rifle: A ranged cavalry unit with decent stats overall. Available at Capital Age.
- Nurse: A female healer. Can build Field Hospitals. Available at Industrial Age.
- Gatling Gun: Artillery unit great against infantry. Available at Industrial Age.
- Buffalo Soldier: A ranged cavalry unit with a bonus against cavalry and artillery. Available at Imperial Age.
- Zouave: Stronger than an average skirmisher. Available at National Age.
- Texas Ranger: A fast ranged cavalry unit, with a bonus against cavalry and artillery. Available at Capital Age.
- Sharpshooter: High damage, high range infantry unit. Available at Industrial Age.
- Cavalry Corps: A melee cavalry unit with a massive amount of HP. Available at Imperial Age.
Home City Cards Edit
Tech Tree Edit
Americans have two factions: the Union and the Confederacy, each of them representing American Civil War factions.
National Age Edit
- Benjamin Franklin (Union).
- George Washington (Union).
- Thomas Jefferson (Confederacy).
- James Madison (Confederacy).
Capital Age Edit
- Samuel Morse (Union).
- Samuel Colt (Union).
- Alexander Stephens (Confederacy).
- Benjamin Palmer (Confederacy).
Industrial Age Edit
- Clara Barton (Union).
- Andrew Carnegie (Union).
- Stonewall Jackson (Confederacy).
- Albert Pike (Confederacy).
Imperial Age Edit
- Ulysses Grant (Union).
- Abraham Lincoln (Union).
- Jefferson Davis (Confederacy).
- Robert E. Lee (Confederacy).
In-game dialogue language Edit
General dialogue Edit
The American Revolution was the first successful colonial war of independence against a European power. In the peace treaty of 1783 Britain recognized American sovereignty over most territory east of the Mississippi River. Starting in the 1780s inherent divisions between the North and the South in American society over slavery ultimately led to the American Civil War. Abraham Lincoln, candidate of the largely antislavery Republican Party, was elected president in 1860. Before he took office, seven slave states declared their secession— which the federal government maintained was illegal — and formed the Confederate States of America. After the Confederate defeat in the American Civil War, in the North, urbanization and an unprecedented influx of immigrants from Southern and Eastern Europe hastened the country's industrialization. The wave of immigration, lasting until 1924, provided labor and transformed American culture.
|Africans||Egyptians • Ethiopians • Zulu|
|Anglos||Americans • Australians • Canadians|
|Asians||Acehnese • Chinese • Indians • Japanese • Koreans • Siamese • Vietnamese|
|Balkans||Bulgarians • Greeks • Romanians • Serbians|
|Europeans|| Belgians • British • Danish • Dutch • French • Germans • Habsburgs|
Italians • Maltese • Ottomans • Portuguese • Russians • Spanish • Swedish
|Latin Americans||Argentines • Brazilians • Chileans • Colombians • Haitians • Mexicans • Paraguayans • Peruvians|
|Middle Eastern||Afghans • Omani • Persians • Uzbeks|
|Natives||Aztecs • Inca • Iroquois • Mapuche • Sioux • Tupi|